Broken things to sell on eBay for profitOne of the great things about eBay is that you can find just about anything for sale. On the seller side, you can reach out to millions of potential customers to sell a vast range of goods. Even broken items, or those with missing parts can have value. Collectors often need original parts to complete a piece. There are also people who make a living buying and repairing broken electronics, small appliances, and many other things. Some things are also just so valuable that even in terrible condition there is still a demand. Here are five broken things to sell on ebay:
- Board Games: Not all board games are worth the time and effort. Rare and popular board games can still bring the bidders missing pieces. In many cases, it's best to part out the pieces of board games missing pieces. Some game pieces are also in demand for crafting.Here are a few examples of board games worth selling incomplete or parting out. Crafters love Scrabble tiles. Some special edition Monopoly player tokens sell well. Out of print special editions of popular games may still have value parted out, like some of the Lord of the Rings branded games. See this article: Rare Board Games to Sell on eBay
- Vacuum Cleaners: A broken plastic Bissel, Hoover or Dirt Devil won't be worth a whole lot, even parted out. The canister of some models might be worth $20-30, but don't expect a bidding war as they'll likely be very slow movers.The vacuums that can bring in good money, even not working, are higher end. Some of the better brands are Rainbow, Kirby, Royal, Dyson, and Roomba. Of course, some models of each brand are in greater demand. Depending on time consideration and mechanical inclination, some vacuums may bring more money by selling individual parts. It will take longer to sell all the parts than the whole vacuum, though.
- Coffee Makers: People love their coffee. Some even need their morning coffee. It's a huge market. Many coffee makers are quite expensive. People don't necessarily want to replace them when they stop working, so they look for parts. Other people don't want to deal with the hassle and become a great source for inventory.Some brands that can bring higher prices include De'Longhi, Saeco, and Jura. Even the more common coffee makers by Mr. Coffee, Krups, Keurig, and others can sell. Low end coffee makers might not be worth the trouble, but some of the parts might be. People need replacement carafes, filter holders, and water tanks, among other things. But don't expect those parts to fly out the door. They'll probably sit for a while.
- Video Game Systems: While non-working video game systems rarely command high prices, there are enough of them out there to make it up in volume. The newest systems, the most popular older systems and the rarest systems are in greatest demand. Some systems even sell for the same price in either untested or tested and non-working conditions.Some of the systems worth selling in non-working condition include the various Gameboys, NES, Nintendo Famicom, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 2-4, Xbox 360 and One, Atari Jaguar, Commodore Amiga, Colecovision, Sega Genesis Nomad, Sega Dreamcast, and Sega CD.
- Jewelry: A lot of broken jewelry, especially gold and silver, still has enough value to sell on eBay. Even costume jewelry can be worth selling damaged.With the rise in precious metals prices over the last few years, there are many places that advertise that they buy gold and silver. Well, chances are the prices they offer are lower than can be garnered by selling on eBay.For simple gold and silver jewelry without expensive precious stones, they will generally sell based on weight. Most sellers use a gram scale. Also, be sure to specify the purity. Are the pieces 10k, 14k, 24k, sterling, 950 or coin silver?Broken costume jewelry is usually best sold in lots. Lots can be completely mixed or organized by color, designer, type, period or some other method. There are many people who buy broken costume jewelry for crafting or creating new jewelry. Including the terms "crafts", "jewelry making", "repair" and similar to get more traffic from those kind of buyers.